Dear member of our Kokopelli family,
As a member of the Kokopelli family, we feel it is important to reach out to you personally to share the changes we are making and precautions we are taking in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our members and employees. We are continuing to follow the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and the World Health Organization (WHO) and are in regular contact with local health officials.
In addition to already following the stringent health care provider guidelines, we are taking extra precautions in the office such as:
• Increasing our frequency of cleanings
• Asking staff members to wash hands more frequently and ensuring that highly touched surfaces such as door knobs are cleaned through out the day
• Asking staff members to stay home if they have ANY flu-like symptoms
• Taking care of small details such as separating used and unused pens
• Providing wipes for patients
We are asking for your help and request that you:
• If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
• a cold or the flu
• fever or nausea
• severe headaches or body aches
• muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
• vomiting or diarrhea
• active tuberculosis (TB)
• mumps, measles, chickenpox
• other contagious disease
• Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
• Follow instructions at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html to protect yourself and your family
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
• World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
The spread of COVID-19 may necessitate changes in the way we interact, but it does not change our values and what we do. As always, we are fully committed to your dental health. Please do not hesitate to call us in the office and speak to Dr. Kaur about any concerns you may have.
Dr. Kaur and the Kokopelli Staff